Wednesday, August 17, 2005

UK Open Main Event 1st Day

Well , first day and 139 entrants in the event. I had a plan of getting to 30k for the 1st day, as I knew this would be average stack (prob 50 going back for the second day)

10000 chips with an hour clock and we were only playing 6 levels on Saturday.

Well the cards were coming good for me, with pocket Aces twice in the first 2 levels, but sadly no action. Then I got pocket Kings and made it 4xBB (from middle position)

Got 3 callers .

If any ace comes on the flop, I can get away easily. Flop came 10 high.

I bet out a little to see where I am, and am flat called with the other 2 folding.

Turn = another low card (still rainbow) so I bet pot size bet and am again called.

River = Q

I check, and the guy makes a pot size bet and I call.

He has pok 10's - so I'm down to 6000 early - Not the best of starts.

I then decided to play a little looser in the hope of getting some chips back. Sure enough I hit a flop while playing 8 9. (flopped 2 pair) with the other guy hitting top pair with an ACE kicker. SO i was back over 10k.

I had pok Aces another 4 times that day, again with little or no action, but I managed to finish the day with 26,000 chips (now was this an omen?!?!?!?)

1 Comments:

Blogger barty said...

Immigration debate stirs up strong arguments
How should America handle the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants who live within our borders? "Deport them all," numerous Beyond Borders readers write.
Hello nice blog site! Added it to my bookmarks for future reference.

I have a online poker room
site/blog. It pretty much covers online poker room related stuff.

Come check mine out if you get time.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home