Saturday, July 29, 2006

Finally Registered

Went to the Rio on Friday to Register, and for those that have never been, the place is HUGE!!!!

Finally found the Ultimate Bet VIP lounge where I collected my "bag of goodies" which for free was pretty good. A sports bag containing 2 pens, 2 vip badges, a black hoody, a black T shirt, a black polo shirt, a black long sleeeve T shirt, an orange T shirt and my favorite an orange/black american style long sleeve footbal top. All with UB logo's of course.

Found the registration desk, and am on table 41 seat 9.

"Other" people were not allowed into the poker room, I had wanted to go in and just get a feel for the room before I play tomorrow. So, after a quick walk around the expo it was back to the hotel.

I had played 2 sessions of hi/lo (only $4 $8 limit) and finished the first session $100 up and the second session $55 down - so still in profit.
No spaces in the hi/lo game but I noticed a $1 $2 n/l game that looked a little juicy and decided to give that a whirl.
Sat down with $300 and quickly turned this into just under $500 which I soon found all in on the turn on a board of 8 4 4 2. I was holding K 4 from the SB and with plenty of action on the flop, I check raised all in on the turn and got one caller - the BB holding 9 4.
Yep river 9 so it was a reload of $300.
Not too many notable hands to mention except running AA into a made set of 2's on a low flop . At which point I decided to retire. A quick bite to eat and in bed by 10pm.

Well it is now 6.40am local time and I am starting to feel very excited, I thought I would feel nervous, but not at all. I think this time will drag now, although I plan to get to the Rio at 11am (hopefully to avoid the main hustle and bustle of everyone else arriving). As for what to do now? I may go to the gym, then the sauna and just relax.

I have seen a few US stars, Freddie Deeb, Layne Flack, Mike the Mouth to mention a few. I did also manage to walk past Brian Wilson, but by the time I had realised who it was, I lost sight of him in the croud.

So far, UB have been very good. And their private party they threw at the Voodoo Lounge in the Rio must of cost an absolute fortune! It was well worth going just for the view as the voodoo lounge is ontop of the Rio (51 floors up) and with 2 outside balcony's was just superb. Excelent food as well.

"shuffle up and deal"...................................................

2 Comments:

Blogger MrDigital said...

Someone posted on my blog saying it was the opposite to yours. Had to laugh when i started reading it and just hope my luck continues..

All the best

5:35 PM  
Blogger M3boy's Poker Blog said...

Lol cheers

Made day 2 :)

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home