Sunday, February 11, 2007

February so far........

With that influx of scandies that I just couldn't beat, I decided to move to the 50p £1 tables which I was told were much softer.

And indeed they are.

I am still 4 tabling ( when not playing a tourney , then its only 2 cash tables) and so far to date (11/02/07) I am up just over £700.

I plan to do a monthly post from now on, not detailing each week. Although I will still mention any big winning or loosing weeks.

Played a few more tourneys so far this month, both online and live as well as some more GUKPT qualifiers (again no luck here).
Online MTT's I have FT in 4 out of 8 played, but no higher than a 4th place.

Live, I ventured to the Broadway for the £100 rebuy. Great comp with 2 x 45 minute rebuys, then hour levels all the way through. 3000 starting stack.
I played my ususal way in these, that is to see many cheap flops with the first 1500 chips, and if no good, then rebuy another 3000 giving me 4500 - this was exactly what happened.
At the end of the rebuy, I took my add on (£300 invested) which gave me just shy of 13000 chips.
It was all going well, with the slower structure I really enjoy.
One hand was my undoing. I had J Q hearts in the small blind, and it was raised (just over min raise) from late position. I decided to see a flop, so did the big blind.
Flop came 2 hearts - all low cards.
I check, BB checks and the raiser throws out a continuation bet. Now for some odd reason I only flat called?!??! As soon as I had done it, I knew it was a mistake. I should of re raised here.
The BB folds.
Turn was a blank and having made the first mistake, I then made the 2nd mistake by not pushing in.
It was checked all the way and I lost to K high.
Although it was not such a great loss chipwise, it was confidence wise and I finally made a stand with AQ in the BB against the SB raise - who had to call. They had A9 and hit the 9.

I have also bought into the APAT event in Cardif in 2 weeks time. Hoping for a better result than the 1st one I played in, the standard is not great and is very hard (almost impossible) to get people to lay hands down, but you get paid off when you hit a monster.

Back to the cash tables for now...........

6 Comments:

Blogger Alex Martin said...

GL in Cardiff bud, hope you go deep.

9:39 PM  
Blogger snoopy1239 said...

Yep, good luck at the APAT. Good enough to win that no probs.

1:31 AM  
Blogger M3boy's Poker Blog said...

Thanks M8eys.

Lets hope so, due a good result............

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

boymp3 u r a legend

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im mikekimpton

11:53 AM  
Blogger M3boy's Poker Blog said...

THE mikekimpton - from Tribecca?

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home