Saturday, July 07, 2007

2 7 Tripple Draw

My first ever time of playing this game. Had a 10 minute read on the Internet the day before.
Basically it is a low game, with A counting as high, and straights and flushes are bad.
You get dealt 5 cards, then you can discard how ever many cards you like and get given cards back. The draw happens 3 times with rounds of betting inbetween.
So best hand is 2 3 4 5 7 off suit.

How hard could it be?

Well the answer is not that hard, but it is hard to make hands!

Just an example, I was dealt A 2 3 4 5 off suit off the bat and was on the button. I raised the bet and discarded one card, the Ace.
I then get dealt a 6, still no good but I am drawing to the nuts, so I raise the bet again.
Then discard the 6 and get dealt ANOTHER 6.
Still a good hand, I raise the bet again.
The pot at this stage was quite big.
I discard the 6 and get dealt an Ace back :( and have to give up the pot.

I got deep, but not deep enough to cash.

All in all I enjoyed the game, but can be VERY frustrating at times.

Next stop is the $150 nlh event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home